Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Hardware DVD

Post subject: Severin's Press Release
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

From Severin's press release on HARDWARE (from Severin's website - pics also): "SEVERIN ALLOWS YOU TO LOSE ALL FAITH IN THE FUTURE OF MANKIND BY PURCHASING HARDWARE ON BLU RAY"

Image Image

Once upon a time, HARDWARE was a major studio release, a film that ruled the box office in the United States on its way to nearly grossing 100 million dollars worldwide. Sadly, in the video domain, HARDWARE proved to be a victim of circumstance, never gaining the high profile release a film of its caliber so richly deserved.

So for years, Sci-Fi horror fans have been forced to sacrifice shelf space, aspect ratio, and a large dollop of studio-censored blood-fueled mayhem to their decade-old VHS copies of HARDWARE. Due to countless entanglements, the post-apocalyptic cyberpunk celluloid shocker somehow managed to skip an entire generation of home video formats, leaving fans of director Richard Stanley's coup de sang clinging to their videocassettes with the hope that someday, somehow someone would give them cause to replace them.

Those hopes have finally been answered by Severin Films, who have joined forces with Stanley and DVD producer Norm Hill to finally present HARDWARE the way nature and technology fully intended: uncut, unrated and fully restored.

"Just as Dylan McDermott and Stacey Travis gathered the remnants of the M.A.R.K. 13 to unwittingly rebuild a cyborg-based killing machine, Severin is gathering elements from around the globe to rebuild the legacy of one of the truly perfect genre films of our time" says Carl Daft of Severin Films. "It's an category-colliding exercise of the highest caliber, perfectly melding hard-edged dystopian Science Fiction, suspense and gloriously glory horror."

The long and twisted history of HARDWARE has left a host of never-before-seen DVD extras in its wake. Along with presenting the film uncut, Richard Stanley has unearthed a trunkful of long-believed lost footage that will be presented on the disc as deleted scenes. Even more exciting is the inclusion of Stanley's original super 8 version of HARDWARE, from which the final feature length version was based.

Severin is currently putting the finishing touches on a feature length documentary on HARDWARE's history featuring Stanley, star Stacey Travis and a host of co-conspirators in the making of this modern day classic.

Throw in a no-holds barred commentary track from Stanley, a gallery of production sketches, and you have a DVD and Blu Ray release that will reward HARDWARE's legion of fans.

Richard Stanley: "They say, "Once in every generation a plague shall fall upon you," and so it is that after an absence of almost two decades, I am proud to announce the second coming of HARDWARE to American shores in its full, savage, psychedelic, utterly unexpurgated and wholly unrated glory."

"You have been warned."

-----------------------------------------

I like the studio pics .... :P oh, and Glurrk.. Stacey's in the new documentary ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:20 am 
Scavenger

I'm a little confused. Amazon states that the DVD comes in a metal case, yet it does not state that the Blu-Ray DVD will also come in a metal case. So, will it? Amazon also states that both will be released as R1. I assume that's an error?

Also, if there are 10,000 copies, is that 10,000 total across the two formats or 10,000 DVD and 10,000 Blu-Ray? I'm guessing I should just buy both. I assume there's no need to buy the UK release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:16 am 
Rad-X

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I received an e-mail from Amazon.com stating that Hardware will be delayed AGAIN! :x

Another month or so. Dammit, sometimes life ain't fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:58 pm 
Rad-X

YouTube has a trailer for the DVD (currently scheduled for the 20th of this month, not the 13th)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:14 pm 
Scavenger

I already have the UK Blu-ray, but I will buy the US Blu-ray as well for the Making of documentary, and hoping this will have even better picture quality
:)
The Blu-ray is region free if someone would like to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:11 am 
Scavenger

well the Severin release seems to have come out early.
I've got a copy on the way that shipped on 5th October...
cannot wait

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:34 pm 
Rad-X

Got mine in the mail today! I cannot believe the picture quality on it- it's breathtaking, and I'm only talking about the standard-definition disc! (I also got the Blu-Ray, but I have yet to get a player.)

The extras are also very interesting; the deleted scenes are especially worthy of mention. I understand when scenes have to be cut for pacing reasons, but it's illuminating to see additional facets of the characters that were never seen before, but meant to be.

Last edited by Glurrk on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:17 am 
Scavenger

And how looks the "Metal Container"? Is it numbered?
Mine is on the Way but i can`t wait :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:31 am 
Rad-X

hellsau wrote:
And how looks the "Metal Container"? Is it numbered?
Mine is on the Way but i can`t wait :lol:

I didn't get a metal container, nor is it numbered. Both the regular DVD and the Blu-Ray arrived in standard packaging. For my money, it's the content inside that counts!
:D

Post subject: No Metal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:32 am 
Site Admin

This sourced from Diabolik DVD:
Quote:
Please note that the previously announced steel tin edition of this DVD was never produced.

:bawling:

Post subject: Hardware DVD
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:12 am 
Scavenger

when useing dvd shrink to do back up copy how do u compress the film even more if it is tobig to fit on the disc or do i have to take stuff off it to make it fit on it or if there n e other way i can do it to make sure i have everthing on it? thx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9