BDD - Times to Come

Post subject: BDD - Times to Come
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:56 am 
Rad-X

To All Whom It May Concern

The Between Death and the Devil website will be seven years old on October 20th, 2009. This is a very long time for a website to survive in the tumultuous waters of the digital shore, and I am certainly very proud of the fact that it has managed to secure and maintain a presence throughout the years.

Back when I started the website, I sketched out an impromptu manifesto for myself, some things that needed doing before I could safely say the cyberspace representation of Richard Stanley's works was at an appropriate level. This included readily-available screenplays and dvd's of all his films, as well as the advent of a new feature film. With the DUST DEVIL script now digitized and Severin Films working on the US edition of the HARDWARE DVD/Blu-Ray, two of these goals have practically been completed.

As VACATION, Richard's new feature film, is finally itching towards production, I find myself facing an uneasy choice of considering whether I should continue as the webmaster of BDD. While my involvement within the Shadow Theatre and personal friendship with Richard will unquestionably continue to span further into the future, I have doubts whether I am the most suited person to guide the website across the seven-year mark.

This website has given me more friends, opportunities and experiences I could've ever hoped for, and the decision of giving it up has not been an easy one. However, I feel I owe Richard's small (yet devoted) following the best haven imaginable. Which is why it's probably best to move on and have someone else take over.

If some of you out there are interested in taking over the keys to the kingdom, applications will be received through e-mail. Further review will deduce whether you'll be accepted to a series of rigorous tests, which'll determine your suitability to the ranks.

It's by no means a small feat, governing the website, but we're hoping a suitable person to walk in and carry it on further.

Interesting times lie ahead.

Thank you,

sic

BDD Webmaster (2002-2009)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:02 am 
Scavenger

Happy Birthday!
and thankyou, for easily one of the best websites dedicated to a filmmaker.
all your hard work has definitely been worth it sic
cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:43 am 
Scavenger

I've posted it elsewhere but this site was a Godsend. I'm all the better for learning about Mr Stanley's past projects and I look forward to the future ones.