Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

DUST DEVIL DVD (Subversive & Optimum / R1 & R2)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:49 pm 
Rad-X

A buddy of mine just revealed he has the regular edition of Dust Devil! I immediately borrowed it- I have never had the opportunity to see this one- until now! :D

I can't wait to make some time this week to get into it!

Last edited by Glurrk on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:24 pm 
Rad-X

Just finished watching it- two words: Fucking mesmerizing. 8)

I want to write more, but I want to let it sink in. Also, even though it's the single disc edition, there's still a load of special features I want to peruse.

Damn, what a spellbinding flick! :shock:

Last edited by Glurrk on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Blu-ray?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:22 am 
Site Admin

[cough, cough] Sorry, had to blow a little dust off this thread .. :P

Yeah, I know this is way beyond "after-the-fact", but ... I didn't think I should start up a whole Dust Devil thread in the middle of our Hardware one (over here), sooo .. I figured I'd do just as well by dusting this one off ...

Blu-ray! D'oH!!! I see Optimum is advertising a Blu-ray version of Hardware. Which .. is stunning -- I ain't complaining! But -- as equally stunning as the final Dust Devil DVD release was, can you imagine it translating to the Blu-ray medium? Wouldn't that bring it up to "Stunning-squared?"

Surely this would be something that Optimum could simply put together and re-release at a later date, assuming that they had respectable sales of Dust Devil and would want to bother. And -- what the hell happened with Subversive Cinema, anyway? Unless I just missed it, I don't think anyone has actually posted anything more informative beyond a passing "..with Subversive out of the way.." ........!?!!??!!

Ok, I'd meant to just plant a Blu-ray seed of thought .. but .. someone had might as well fill us in w/ news of Norm and the other great folks @ Subversive Cinema, while we're here .... :unhappy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:48 am 
Scavenger

don't know where I saw it, (likely 'Mobius Home Video Forum', 'AV Maniacs' forum, or 'Cult Movie Forums'. or maybe 'Criterion Forum.org'), but someone had posted claiming to have been involved with Subversive, and that they'd pretty much closed down. he went on to mention another label that was born out of Subversive's ashes, only to die after a few releases.

wish I could remember where, and the reasons stated, but that's the best answer I've ever seen as to what happened to them.

I'll do some looking and report back if/when I find the posting again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 am 
Scavenger

well that was easier than I thought.
posts #9+10 at the link below have some info on Subversive's apparent demise. it's sad, they were a wonderful company.

http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/showthr ... ive+cinema

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:30 am 
Scavenger

Hi

Has someone else noticed that the documentary "Secret Glory" on the Subversive DVD is totally out of sync?
I ask myself if this is because it has to be like that or is this a error in the mastering process?

sorry if this is already answered in another thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:47 pm 
Rad-X

hellsau wrote:
Has someone else noticed that the documentary "Secret Glory" on the Subversive DVD is totally out of sync?

I haven't had a chance to check that out yet. I'll throw my disc in and see if mine's the same.

Last edited by Glurrk on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:18 am 
Scavenger

The first 4 chapters are in sync, then it begins to fade out of sync ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:48 am 
Rad-X

There is indeed an unfortunate mastering glitch, which causes portions of TSG to fall out of sync.

Post subject: Re: DUST DEVIL DVD (Subversive & Optimum / R1 & R2)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:58 am 
Scavenger

If anyone is interested, I have fixed the audio on The Secret Glory. It seems half way through the feature, the audio is delayed by around 1 second. It doesn't drift throughout, just a delay is added (or a second of video is missing).

PM me if you would like the fixed audio file. Obviously I will not be sharing the whole movie!

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 am 
Scavenger

Cool News:

“DUST DEVIL” Blu-ray, plus “AXE,” Barbara Steele, Franco details and more from Severin Films.

Genre disc label Severin Films is making 2015 a killer year, with Blu-rays on the way showcasing Richard Stanley, Barbara Steele, a sinful dwarf and many others. Read on for the full details, including some exclusive announcements.

Fango caught up with Severin’s David Gregory over the weekend at Charlotte, NC’s Mad Monster Party convention, where he broke the news to us that the company will give Richard Stanley’s director’s cut of DUST DEVIL (pictured above) its Blu-ray debut this summer. In addition to the full version of the desert-set chiller, which was heavily trimmed for its initial U.S. video distribution, the hi-def disc will include the bulk of the extras from Subversive Cinema’s previous three-DVD release. “Most of the documentary features will be on there, as well as some new goodies,” Gregory tells us. “The one that Richard wants to take out of circulation for the time being is the Afghanistan footage, because he’s planning to make that into a full documentary. It’s kind of an incomplete piece on the Subversive disc, so we may be involved in that in some way, shape or form, because I’m doing a lot of stuff with Richard these days. He’s in LA at the moment, and he has his DUST DEVIL jacket with him, so we’re going to go to the desert next week and shoot a bunch of new extras for the Blu-ray.”

http://www.fangoria.com/new/exclusive-dust-devil-blu-ray-plus-axe-barbara-steele-franco-details-and-more-from-severin-films/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:51 pm 
Scavenger

on the SEVERIN disc "The Underworld" Limited 2-Disc Edition, the documentary "The Secret Glory" is in perfect SYNC!!!!!

M

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7