Stanley to direct Nephilim video

Post subject: Stanley to direct Nephilim video
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:49 am 
Rad-X

Something that I figured might happen. The video will be for a track from the new album called "Mourning Sun". The article mentions Stanley has "just completed a BBC documentary on the voodoo culture in Haiti", which would be The White Darkness. The context here alludes Stanley has just recently completely finished his work on the film. Would make more sense if it would be The Secret Glory, but what the heck.

I do like it when they say that Stanley has retained "an intensely loyal fan base".

---

FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM
RICHARD STANLEY TO DIRECT VIDEO PROMO FOR MOURNING SUN TRACK

Cult film director and producer Richard Stanley, whose post apocalyptic visions were given life to in his nihilistic sci-fi classic Hardware (1990) is set to revitalise his long standing relationship with Carl McCoy and Fields of the Nephilim.

Stanley, whose intensely personal blockbuster Hardware (which featured a cameo from Carl McCoy) was followed by the critically acclaimed Dust Devil (1992), turned his back on mainstream cinema to pursue his preoccupation with the occult and its interaction with what we call reality. Having just completed a BBC documentary on the voodoo culture of Haiti his next project will be to direct a promo video for an as yet to be announced track from Fields of the Nephilim's triumphant studio album Mourning Sun.

Stanley has created an impressive body of work over the last two decades retaining an intensely loyal fan base not to mention the critical acclaim of his peers. Famed for declining many more commissions than he accepts, it is testament to Fields of the Nephilim's resurgence that he has chosen to work on this project.

Stanley was also responsible for the band's first ever video promos, Preacher Man and Blue Water almost two decades ago. Carl and Richard have remained firm friends ever since, and the band's renaissance has provided the impetus they needed to reignite their creative relationship. 'It's a meeting of minds, and we have unfinished business!' said Carl McCoy this week, after hearing the news. 'Richard and I go back a long way, and he has remained an admirer of the band.'

Carl's regard for Richard's creative talent is also obvious. 'He has a unique vision and perspective which parallels my own in musical terms. We have subconsciously been waiting to work with each other on a serious Nephilim venture for a while. With everything falling into place with the re-emergence of Fields of the Nephilim, the time is right.'

'Mourning Sun has never just been about releasing a collection of songs' continues McCoy, 'Listened to as an album, it forms a cohesive whole that takes the listener through a sonic landscape. Richard's intuitive knowledge of that landscape will add a luxuriantly textured visual layer to the music, and the video promises to become a work of art in its own right.'

With a twenty year gap between collaborations, McCoy and Stanley are looking forward to recreating visually the intensity and intricacy of Mourning Sun. They share a vision, a vision they want to share with us too. After twenty years, fate has finally provided the opportunity for them to create a cinematic masterpiece to rival Mourning Sun's considerable success.

Go to Info for the source

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:09 am 
Rad-X

Here's the track listing and it's not exactly a radio-friendly one. I think the first two tracks might be the likeliest canditates for the promo.

- Shroud (Exordium) (5:44)
- Straight To The Light (6:24)
- New Gold Dawn (7:58)
- Requiem XIII 33 (Le Veilleur Silencieux) (7:21)
- Xiberia (Seasons In The Ice Cage) (7:33)
- She (9:26)
- Mourning Sun (10:35)

Straight To The Light has been mentioned by McCoy as a potential video. He's also talked about the possibility of making two videos, but whether that is still the case and who will direct the other one, is currently unknown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:18 am 
Scavenger

totally agreed with you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:54 pm 
Rad-X

osemotelak wrote:
totally agreed with you

Hmm...that's a typical reply... for a robot spammer!

Osemotelak, show some proof you're an actual human being who enjoys Stanley's works.