Richard Stanley interview at notcoming.com

Post subject: Richard Stanley interview at notcoming.com
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:51 am 
Rad-X

A very nice interview with RS has surfaced on notcoming.com. It touches all sorts of topics I for one did know that much about. Here's a snippet of Richard describing Incidents in an Expading Universe, for example:

Tom Huddleston: So how did Hardware come about?

Richard Stanley: It was a horrible accident at the end of the day. I guess it happened because I’d been pushing hard for so many years to get something made. It wasn’t the first script that got out there, but it was the first commercial script. I did something I’d never done before, which was just to dump in a monster that would just kill everyone. Otherwise it’s precisely the same world that exists in the Super-8 movie, exactly the same characters, it’s just more depressing because there’s no droid. Mo and Shades come home, Mo’s got one hand, Jill’s a scrap metal sculptress, they’re both radioactive, they can’t have children because she’s got cancer. They slouch around the apartment, it’s Christmas, nothing comes and kills them. Which is much more depressing in some way.

- Notcoming.com

NOTE: In the interview, Richard mentions that the DVD rights for Hardware are a done deal. I recently asked him about it and as it stands right now, there are still some odd ends to work out. So don't get excited - yet.