Hardware Soundtrack not working?

Post subject: Hardware Soundtrack not working?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:29 pm 
Scavenger

Hi there,

Wicked site. Thanks so much for getting this place together. Hardware is a movie that really stayed with me since I was a teen and it's great to see it still has a resonance for others.

Really wanted to get hold of the soundtrack but the links don't seem to be active. Any ideas?

Thanks

Frank

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:05 am 
Site Admin

Thanks. :D

The server that the mp3's live on was being worked on, so they were down only temporarily. They should all work for you now.

And also feel free to jump in on the boards! :wink:

Post subject: Gracias
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:40 am 
Scavenger

Excellent - so good to have this again, thanks so much for putting it up for everyone.

For sure it's one of the greatest movie soundtracks ever. Such a unique unusual combination of elements. I was doing a project at music college once and I went to visit Simon Boswell at his home in London and had a cup of tea and a chat in the studio where this was recorded. There was a giant screen above a mixing desk where he viewed the movie and tinkered with ideas.

Thanks again :P

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:01 am 
Scavenger

audio page not working again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:51 pm 
Scavenger

Yeah, it seems to have been down for a while now. Bummer!

Post subject: MP3'age
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

D'oH! I was thinking I'd posted a message regarding this somewhere, but perhaps it was alllll in my minddddd .....

Ok, here is the scoop. This is why the MP3 tunage will on occasion yo-yo up and down.

Are the MP3's hosted directly on this site? Heck, no. The bandwidth draw that those suckers would generate would wipe me out. The monthly bandwidth usage of the site would skyrocket, and so would my expenses. Sooo, they are hosted elsewhere. Somewhere where that extra bandwidth hit won't cost. And where would that be? Why, that would be my DSL line. With DSL being flat-fee, those MP3's can be sucked all month long, without costing me an extra penny. Ahh, but there's the rub. I haven't figured out how to set up load-balancing on my firewall yet, and the webserver that's handling the serving snarfs up all my bandwidth. Like, all of it. If an MP3 download is taking place, it becomes an arduous task to do anything. Check email. Pull up a single web page. Where normally a single web-page pull could take 1-2 seconds, now it could take a minute. If I happen to be away, or am not doing anything critical, then this isn't really a problem. But -- if I am doing something critical, I just can't wait a full minute to pull in a single @&(^$!! web page -- so in cases like this, my only option is to unplug the webserver from the network. When I'm "done", I plug it back in. If I remember to. :roll: Sometimes, in the rush, I'll forget to, until ... later.

Well, that's the basic scoop. There is no sharing bandwidth with the durn webserver. It wants it all, when it wants it. So when I need it, it loses out. I come first. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:31 am 
Scavenger

Wow, if I'd known that all your bandwith was being used up by the mp3's I would never have complained! Slow downloads are maddening! When my machine slows down all I want to do is hurl it out the window. Thanks for clearing things up, Pheobus, and for having the soundtrack available at all, we wouldn't find it elsewhere, and that would suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:30 pm 
Scavenger

Once I can get all tracks, will host them as a favor on here. Will have to work late tonight to get them or very early morning...

Post subject: soundtrack
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:22 pm 
Scavenger

So... it's two years later. Did the soundtrack ever come back online, or has it been lost in the mists of time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:36 pm 
Scavenger

I got them. Thank you. :D

Post subject: Re: Hardware Soundtrack not working?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:28 am 
Scavenger

Hi
I know this thread is ancient history by internet standards but..
Hardware is one of my favorite movies if all time and I used to have the soundtrack (on cassette I think). I'd love to have it again. Does anyone have a good link or can Dropbox it for me?

Thanks in advance.
Samba

Favorite quote: " My heart, it feels like an alligator"

Post subject: Re: Hardware Soundtrack not working?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:05 pm 
Rad-X

I don't have the soundtrack, but I did a search on EBay and found a few copies for sale, hope that helps:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... l&_sacat=0