KILL ALL SPAMMERS!

Post subject: KILL ALL SPAMMERS!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:58 pm 
Rad-X

I beseech the powers that be on this site to delete the spammers that have signed on recently. May I make this humble request for housecleaning for January if not Christmas? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:01 am 
Site Admin

:arnold: Done. I try to keep that refuse out; been a little busy, they snuck in under the radar. Spammers are the worst of the very worst -- A steaming pile of ... **** ... is a sweet-smelling rose, compared to .. spammers. :furious: I terminate them with extreme prejudice -- :arnold: :plasma:

[ohh, and -- as you may see above :nudge: -- I've added a collection of new emoticons to the Forum. No one's said anything (no one's noticed? #-o ), so I'm officially announcing them here. \:D/ ]

[and yes, I've way overdone my 'smiley quotient' for this message. Hehehe ... should I put in some more!?!?!? =D> ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:05 pm 
Rad-X

Christmas comes early this year!

=D> =D> =D> =D>
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Thank you, Phoebus! :D

"Everything... is under... control." 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:52 pm 
Rad-X

Apparently they didn't get the message, and some of them are back... again.

Well, I say give 'em a little time to sort out their personal issues and then

BLOW "EM BACK TO HELL AGAIN! :arnold:

:whack:

P.S. - By George, these new smilies are a real hoot! :loopy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:14 pm 
Rad-X

Once again, thank you Phoebus! :D \:D/

Note to spammers: DON'T PHUCK WITH PHOEBUS!

now SCRAM! :plasma:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:42 pm 
Rad-X

Can we please get e-mail validated registrations or something?

I'm getting tired of deleting two dozen posts every god damn time I log in.

:poke:

Post subject: !@(#&$^
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Ohhh, believe you me, I instituted e-mail validated registrations quite a while back. Some of the spammers have grown sophisticated. They set up their own bull$hi+ domains, with their own b$ mailserver -- like... aslfsofg.com, or im-a-spamming-bastid.info .... and have an auto-responder set up that replies, and gets them in the door.

I now regularly check the site -- daily. When I find any of those bs mailservers being used, they are banned. Anything, ever, from that mailserver. So any spammer can only ever use any of their bs spam servers once. They just have a lot of 'em, and they keep coming back with more. They've been using bot-nets, too. Real nasty.

But damned if I'm going to let them get a foot-hold. Spammers were responsible for knocking 'JavaLobby' "off the web" (out of Google) last month (link to Slashdot article) due to forum spam -- and damned if I'm going to let 'em jam stuff up here.

Sic, if you find message spam before I do, and delete it, please get me the offending IP address the msg. was posted from, first -- I permanently ban those IP's :boxing:

We don't get a bunch of daily posts, but we're apparently ranked well enough to have cought the eye of numerous spam entities. I'm waiting for the release of phpBB 3, which should be out any time now ... I'm expecting more advanced features that will assist in combating the bots ... :arnold:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:25 pm 
Rad-X

Good Lord, they're multiplying like cockroaches lately! :evil:

Post subject: D@mnit
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:34 am 
Site Admin

D@mn, no kidding ... I turn away for just one moment, and look what happens ...

Not a prob, though. All five IP addresses used by the eleven spammer IDs have been permanently banned, and the highly trained staff manning my on-call anti-spammer network operations center (seen below!) has carefully back-tracked each IP address, cross-referenced time-of-use, and have pin-pointed the spammer's base of operations (and no, that is not Pac-Man on a screen on the far-right of the shot. That is a projected floor-plan schematic of the spammer stronghold).

In fact, I have just been sent an update from the field. The moment the spammer base was located, a covert-ops team was scrambled, and will be in place outside the spammer stronghold 25 minutes from now. I won't divulge their exact location, but it is in northern Europe, along a coastline. As this photo will not compromise their identities or exact location, here is a shot of one of the four vehicles manned by a couple members of the strike team:

See, now this is how you take care of business -- and have some fun at the same time .... enjoying a little off-road action, but loaded to the gills with armaments. I count at least 2 ... bazooka tubes/rocket launchers, and 2 heavy-caliber guns on swivel mounts. And you haven't seen how the rest of the team is armed. Let's just say that these particular spammers have ... spammed their last.

And, if I may quote a wonderful bumper-sticker I once saw ......

THERE IS NO PERSONAL PROBLEM THAT CANNOT BE SOLVED WITH A SUITABLE APPLICATION OF PLASTIC EXPLOSIVES.

Werd. :arnold:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:56 am 
Scavenger

Have you banned Yahoo email addys? Because I tried to join with mine and was immediately banned! So I used a different one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:14 pm 
Rad-X

Hey, can we do something about that asshole RinnochKARaE? He's seriously polluting the Film Discussion Table. :evil: